Most drivers plan to keep their vehicles well past the original factory or dealer warranties, even more so during tough economic times. Increasing numbers of drivers are declaring the old adage, “I’m keeping this thing until the wheels fall off!”. To ensure your wheels do not fall off, it is important to continue cost–effective maintenance and car repair services with skilled and experienced mechanics who are experts in all makes, models, and ages of vehicles.
You’ll find just that and more at Cassels Garage, conveniently located in Melbourne, FL, and providing top-notch car repair and maintenance services since the 1950s.
To extend the life of your vehicle, consider the advantages of an independent, local vehicle maintenance shop vs. the mega-dealer service departments. No discredit to local dealers intended, but if you are using your personal car more for business travel than pre-COVID-19 or maybe Grandma is handing down her aged vehicle to your high schooler, the manufacturer warranty limit is probably maxed out. You are likely to find out-of-pocket repair costs are quite lower and the service more personalized at your locally owned auto repair shop.
Things to Consider for Car Repair Out of Warranty:
- 4 out of 5 repairs performed on cars are related to the durability of the vehicle – including general maintenance, transmission, and exhaust repairs. 
- The extra overhead costs at large dealerships often translate to higher costs for the customer. 
- Service departments at the mega-dealers, where you may be offered a loaner vehicle likely newer than the car you are having serviced, are effectively showroom sales pitches for a new car you likely do not even need yet.
- Independent vehicle repair shops do not typically have that extra overhead and can also offer you less expensive parts. 
Your post-warranty vehicle still requires efficient, affordable, skilled maintenance and routine repairs, such as oil changes, tire rotations or even a full engine rebuild to optimize its longevity and your safe driving experience. Today’s modern or averagely modern vehicles contain technology like that of an airplane which often means even minimal repairs can add up to significant costs. So bottom line …
Do Your Homework, Compare Estimates, Read Reviews
- If you have a recall or warranty repair issue that can be done for free by the dealer, it makes sense to do so.
- Do not fall for gimmicks suggesting your warranty will be void if you use an independent repair shop during or post-warranty, whether it is a manufacturer or third-party warranty.
- If in doubt, review the warranty fine print and contact Cassels Garage for an evaluation.
- With certified, highly-skilled, mechanics and technicians offering a personalized and positive experience, Cassels Garage in Melbourne, FL can handle nearly all issues to help extend your vehicle’s productivity more affordable than the dealer.
- Take a moment to read the reviews from those in similar situations with their vehicles as you are:
“I had a wonderful experience with Cassel’s. They replaced my front left wheel bearing on my Cadillac which triggered ABS/Stabilitrak light. I dropped the vehicle off at 8:00am and received a call back with quote/repair in twenty minutes and was back on the road in a few hours. The price of labor and cost of parts/shop supplies were fair and in-line with my expectations. I will absolutely return in the future for both my car and my wife’s car. An experience like mine is the reason they have so many five-star reviews on Google.” – Nick
“We have been taking our vehicles to Cassel’s for 6 yrs and have always been completely satisfied with their level of knowledge and exceptional workmanship. The entire team has a “Can-Do-Attitude” and great customer service. Thank you!” – K
Cassels Garage is your top Melbourne Florida Mechanic
Save yourself the time, money, and hassle at Cassels Garage, Brevard county’s top choice for car repair in Melbourne, Florida. We work on all makes and models from general engine and transmission service and repair to factory maintenance and brakes. Our auto technicians will have your car running like new again, for longer. We do it all through a full-service shop staffed by specialists in all phases of auto and light truck service and repair.
Contact us today to schedule an estimate and your service.